At Tipton St John we aim to provide a learning environment that is happy, secure, exciting and well-ordered. We believe that each child is a gift from God and we celebrate their uniqueness at the same time as teaching and helping them to live as part of a community.
To achieve this we aim:
- to inspire children towards excellence, within the taught curriculum and beyond
- to ensure that the school is a place where children can explore and develop their interests, abilities and personalities
- to provide a variety of situations where children can develop the personal and social skills of independence, curiosity, self- confidence, self-respect, understanding of others and co- operation
- to provide an environment where each child feels secure and special
- to demonstrate Christian values in the way we live, teach and learn
- to provide rich learning experiences where children’s thinking is challenged and where children achieve their best both within and beyond the requirements of the National Curriculum
- to create opportunities for children to experience awe and wonder
- to teach every child to consider the needs of others
- to teach each child to respect the religious, spiritual and moral values of others whilst considering their own attitudes, values and beliefs
- to work in partnership with the local community
- to foster an individual and shared responsibility for our heritage and environment and to encourage a sense of care and stewardship for all forms of life
Our Ethos Team
Our Ethos Team are a group of children from Year 5 and 6 who work regularly together to support and monitor the Ethos of the school. They are involved in designing and leading Acts of Worship, and leading initiatives across the school. For instance, it was our Ethos Team who decided to support the Food Bank charity and liaised with them to find out the types of food needed. They also gave their time to visit the Food Bank and find out more.